At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 46 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 15,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
We are seeking a Director to join our Data Management & Analytics team, which provides the analysis, applications and technical infrastructure needed to provide our scholars, teachers, and school leaders the support they need for excellent academic performance.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Data Management & Analytics will guide strategy, tactics and operations for this team. S/he will be responsible for leading a team of scientists, engineers and product management experts in building solutions and providing reporting and analytics support for the entire organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a team to deliver on short and long-term strategic plans across the Technology group,working in close collaboration with team leads and directors to achieve goals;
- Development of a strategic capability roadmap for the DM&A team to better support Success Academies’ objective to be a “data driven” organization. This will include the selection and implementation of new tools and the development of a data warehouse;
- Communicating plans to a wide variety of constituencies, including the CEO, school leaders, faculty, and members of the SA community;
- Act as a liaison to other divisions within Success Academies, partnering with them to achieve their objectives by supporting their data and analytics needs; and
- In partnership with the CTO and the Head of School Management, evaluate the organization structure and how best to design to optimize desired outcomes. This may include evaluating self service capabilities and the creation of analytics super users within the various departments.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Has a depth of experience in strategy, planning, and management of Analytics teams;
- Has experience re-designing loosely defined/structured environments;
- Has experience working with a variety of data and analytics tools/platforms and has experience managing vendor relationships;
- Is an exceptionally clear communicator, strong writer, and innovative thinker who can transform conceptual ideas and initiatives into practical and easily executable plans;
- Has a strong management track record in a high-paced, high-volume environment;
- Is a leader with tremendous agency and can execute against short-term and long-term goals; and
- Experienced in project management.
- Knowledge of the Python scientific and data libraries, particularly Pandas;
- Extensive experience managing Git workflows for developer teams;
- Appreciation for and application of software development best practices;
- Ability to work well with other analysts;
- Knowledge of statistical procedures and appropriate methods; and
- Knowledge of appropriate data visualization techniques.
To join our team, upload a resume and cover letter that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.