We are looking for a data engineer to help us build data-driven solutions that millions of people will use every day to discover, interact and listen to music. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
In this role, you will work closely with developers from our partners like Twitter, Facebook, Tinder and more. Many of them are just around the corner from our office, located on top of the historic Warfield Theatre in downtown San Francisco.
What you'll do
- Continuously design, develop, and test data-driven solutions
- Help drive the optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Continuously evaluate performance and develop measurement approaches to support that work
- Span programming languages as needed, depending on the data processing framework in use
- Collaborate with software engineers, ML experts and others, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day
- Work in cross functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives
Who you are
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop
- You are experienced with batch and real-time data processing frameworks like Crunch, Scalding, Storm, Kafka, or Spark
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- You have an agile mindset and care about development processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You preferably have worked on open source or other data related projects