Netflix is the first truly global internet television network and we want the world to experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want. Netflix currently has over 117 million members in over 190 countries who enjoy more than 1 billion hours of TV shows and movies per week. In 2018, Netflix will spend over $8 billion produce our own original content.
The Content Algorithms team has two key areas of focus. We build tools and services that allow us to extract metadata from every single frame of video content on the Netflix service. We use that metadata to find interesting images and video to assist in the product creative and user AB testing experience.
We also build systems to let us use human generated and automatically derived inputs to define, maintain and manipulate fine-grained categorical descriptions for all of our content. The collective output of all of our work is leveraged extensively by the rest of the Netflix product experience.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to help complement some of the existing skills and competencies on our team. We’re a technically diverse group whose skillset runs the gamut of Node.js/React based UI applications, large scale distributed Java, Cassandra and RDS back-end services, TensorFlow based machine learning, and a suite of C++ based Computer Vision algorithms running at scale leveraging our internal workflow and container infrastructure. Perhaps you have background in Audio Analysis, or maybe Natural Language Processing. Or, maybe you're just a ridiculously adept machine learning engineer with a knack for knowing which type of algorithm best suits a specific issue, and a history of shipping solutions. The role is not about pure research into new methods, it is about building the right composition of existing methods and tools to solve specific business problems that impact our internal users and every once of our subscribers. If this describes you, and you have a strong product and customer focus, then we'd love to chat with you.
• You’ve used a deep learning platform like Keras, Caffe, TensorFlow, DeepLearning4J, or Theano.
• You’re strong in either Java, C++ or Python; familiarity with existing Netflix OSS is a plus
• You have strong fundamentals on statistical machine learning.
• You can train models, fine-tune algorithms, and readily adopt latest research for the purpose of shipping AI/ML solutions.
• You are concerned about the performance of your algorithms and models as they scale, and how they fit into large ecosystems and workflows of other algorithms.
• You are self driven, and willing to ask for help and collaborate with co-workers when problem solving.
• You are a continuous learner.