It's no accident that Netflix provides one of the smoothest and best-integrated streaming video experiences across the hundreds of devices we support. Netflix takes its data seriously and leverages it as part of our core culture to make product decisions, and we've only scratched the surface in the types of deeper analytics we'd like to do! Want to help? We're looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to work directly with the streaming device security teams to build better data frameworks and dig into analysis around issues regarding the robustness of our streaming video infrastructure - detection and measurement of IP proxy usage, video piracy, secure playback telemetry from devices, etc.
What you will do
• Transform raw data from different sources (Hive, internal/external APIs, Redshift, Kafka) to surface meaningful data to help drive our engineering teams
• Build and improve high-visibility reports used by your direct stakeholders and a diverse set of teams across the company
• Facilitate analytic self-service through dashboards or custom analytic tools
• Become a subject matter expert in various areas regarding device security, in particular, to the rest of the Streaming Analytics team
• Answer complex analytic questions that help Netflix make strategic decisions about the security of our streaming video platform
Who you are
• You have at least 5 years of experience in a data-driven environment designing and building metrics-focused deliverables, ideally in a technical, consumer-facing and/or web-based business.
• You’re enthusiastic and detail-oriented about producing high-quality data and analytics, often with requirements that are open-ended
• You have a high degree of comfort in leveraging SQL to manipulate data
• You have experience in analytic reporting and visualization (Tableau, Elasticsearch, D3, etc.)
• You have working knowledge of ETL and data warehousing concepts
• You have strong software development skills in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, etc.)
• You have exceptional communication skills and can manage stakeholder priorities directly
• You are responsive, team-oriented and comfortable working in a dynamic organization with minimal structure and process
Bonus Points For
• Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Presto, MapReduce, Kafka, Spark, etc)
• Subject matter knowledge of the internet and/or digital media security space: peer-to-peer systems, DRM, IP proxy usage, etc.