Who we are
Netflix’s cloud platforms and data platforms play a key role in making the Netflix experience great. From improving reliability of our service to reducing security and privacy issues, we use insights from data as a trusted partner to guide us in making our infrastructure reliable, efficient, secure and highly performing. Our data engineering and analytic teams create comprehensive data products that hundreds of engineers and leaders across the company use to make infrastructure decisions.
As a leader of the Cloud Infrastructure data engineering team, you will partner closely with analytic teams and infrastructure teams and evolve these data products. Your responsibilities include:
• Recruit and retain a dream team of engineers to execute on your vision
• Build a trusted partnership with analytics and infrastructure teams and influence decisions that make Netflix better.
• Provide technical vision and strategy for data management that relates to the business vision and strategy
• Identify and prioritize opportunities to invest that will make data consumption easy
• Have a product mindset, understanding user needs and delivering usable and scalable solutions
Who you are
• An experienced data evangelist with expertise in big data modeling and processing technologies in the cloud (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hive, Presto, AWS etc…)
• An accomplished leader with expertise in coming up with a vision, building a strategy, hiring, retaining and leading experienced data engineering professionals
• Passionate about building data products
• Have great business acumen and believe in using data as an asset for making business decisions
• Question status quo where applicable and believe in championing effective changes
We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about it at jobs.netflix.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.