Netflix is seeking a talented individual to join a team focused on managing its global consumer payments capabilities. Growing the business requires the ability to anticipate and optimize the payment methods that our subscribers like to use: credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, direct debit, wallets, and more.
This role will reside in the Company’s corporate headquarters in Los Gatos and report to the Director of FP&A. The Associate will be part of a team that is responsible for developing the company’s consumer payments strategy, for managing its relationships with payments partners, and driving business insights from consumer payments data.
The role will be focused on driving analyses that increase subscriber acquisition, improve retention, manage costs and optimize the subscriber experience. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and support strategic value-added analyses to measure and forecast impact of payment method offerings and processes on subscriber retention
- Analyze and forecast costs, trends, and other payments-related data to recommend opportunities for improvements
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization (global payments, finance, data engineering and analytics, billing and payments engineering) to implement consumer payments solutions and measure performance
- Define and develop metric dashboards
- Develop strategies for expanding markets and offering relevant payment methods to consumers
Netflix is growing fast with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly “roll up their sleeves” to perform more mundane tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be curious, motivated, disciplined and be able to work autonomously.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, including ability to use business intelligence tools, build spreadsheet models, and sort through complex data to crystallize business implications
- Industry knowledge of global CNP (card not present) payment processing, recurring billing, and general ecommerce is preferred, but not required. However, curiosity and interest in the payments landscape is a must.
- Strong project management skills, along with great collaboration skills across multiple functional areas
- Experience working with external business partners and vendors
- Skill presenting analyses to executives/senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
An attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), and comprehensive benefits will be offered to the selected candidate.